EPISODE 5: why customer interviews are incredibly powerful
"As business owners, we have our own assumptions of what we think is important for our target audience or what we think they’re struggling with. The reality is, they may be looking at the same problem from a different lens." - Hazel June
As business owners, we have our own assumptions of what we think is important for our target audience or what we think they’re struggling with.
The reality is, they may be looking at the same problem from a different lens. And what we think is important for them may not even be in their priority list. Sometimes, they're not at a level where they're ready for our solution yet. Or the problem is not painful enough for them to do something about it.
Customer Interviews allow us to discover if our offer solves a problem that our target audience recognized they have
and if they want the solution in the way we're offering it at a price we're offering it for.
Needless to say, I super recommend that you start doing these interviews, esp if you're testing a new offer or improving an existing one.
Step by Step Guide to Doing Customer Interview
- OFFER CLARITY - Identify your chosen market, the problem you solve, how you solve it and at what price you're offering it for.
- SPREAD THE WORD - Send an invite to your target audience by posting on FB groups where they're a member of. Or in any online platform where they hang out.
- SCHEDULE THE CALLS - Once you've generated interest, reach out to those who commented so you can start scheduling the interview.
- DO THE INTERVIEWS - Now that you've scheduled the interviews, it's time to actually do them.
- ANALYZE THE DATA - By reviewing all the data, you'll have a more informed decision on how to move forward.
I hope this episode really gives you that clear idea on why and how customer interviews can be really good in your business.
Want to do your own Customer Interviews? I got you!
FREE DOWNLOAD: Step by Step Guide to Doing Customer Interviews that Reveal Priceless Insights About Your Audience